Immigration Legal Services

Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services is a BIA recognized office providing legal assistance and counseling to low- and moderate-income immigrants and refugees.

Services Include:

  • Inquiry about status of Alien Registration Card
  • Replacement of Permanent Resident card or I-94
  • Employment Authorization
  • Travel Documents
  • Permanent Residency (Green Card)
  • Naturalization and Citizenship
  • Petition for Alien Relative
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Consultation regarding immigration issues
  • Representation in removal

Questions and Answers about Immigration

It is the process by which immigrants become citizens of the United States. If you were not born a citizen, you may become one through naturalization.

You may become a citizen through naturalization. In most instances, every person who is naturalized must possess a green card for five years. At that time you may apply for naturalization and have the same rights as an American citizen.

A Green Card is actually an Alien Registration Card given to individuals who successfully apply to become a permanent resident of the United States. Green Cards expire within ten years and you may then apply for an updated card. After five years as a permanent resident, you may apply for naturalization.

Video Resources




For more information, call (502) 637-9097

Immigration Legal Services is funded in part by Louisville Metro Government