Refugee Youth Services exists to assist school-aged children and their families pursue academic excellence.
WHAT WE DO:
- Enroll all newcomer children in Jefferson County Public Schools
- Supply backpacks, school supplies & uniforms when appropriate
- Teach a school preparedness class to orient children to the structure and expectations of JCPS
- Support children through their first year of school in the US
- Empower parents to address academic concerns and be engaged with their children’s education
- Connect refugee youth with community mentors
- Provide summer programming for new arrivals to prepare them to enter JCPS and discourage out of school time learning loss
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate! (Please see our current wish list below.)
- Become a Mentor!
- Backpacks for all ages
- 3-Ring Binders
- Pocket Folders
- Wide and college ruled spiral notebooks
- Composition Notebooks
- Glue sticks
- Index Cards
- Red pens
- Black and Blue pens
- Pencil pouches/boxes
- Black or Gray solid teen/adult size sweaters/sweatshirts
- Navy child size sweaters/sweatshirts
- Navy, Khaki, Black child size uniform pants/skirts
- Khaki, Black junior/adult size uniform pants/skirts
- Solid polo shirts
- Click here to view a list of volunteer opportunities
Contact Janet Millen at (502) 636-9263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A MENTOR:
- Have 2 hours a week? Love to learn about other cultures?
- Want to positively impact the life of a Refugee youth?
Become a mentor to a refugee child (9-17 years).
Contact Janet Millen at (502) 637-9786 or email@example.com
Contact Youth Services:
2234 West Market Street
Louisville, KY 40212