Contact Deacon Lucio Caruso at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Bouchard at email@example.com for more information.
Responder Advocates are strong supporters of CCUSA, CRS, and USCCB, who have a special interest in the Church’s domestic and international social justice public policy work. Responders commit their time to support CCUSA, USCCB, and CRS advocacy efforts and are represented by key members of Congress.
Responders are ready, willing, and able volunteers who will commit to make the phone calls, write the personalized emails and establish the in-person relationships with key members of Congress throughout the year.
a. Send a personalized email message to lawmakers (no more than 2x per month)
b. Make a phone call to lawmakers (text to call—no more than 2x per month)
c. Organize/lead and/or participate in district visits to lawmakers (twice per year)
Responders will receive from above mentioned organizations:
- Regular, personalized updates on legislation and policy initiatives as needed
- Personalized talking points and leave behind documents for in person visits
- Invitation to special Washington, DC fly in days and other training opportunities
- Special Go-to-Advocates swag items such as a t-shirt, backpack, pens, notepads and folders
- CCGP Website to Log Visits: https://www.confrontglobalpoverty.org/act/toolkit/district-visit-form/
- Planning and participation in the annual Catholics at the Capitol Program
- Planning 2 presentations per year for public consumption, regarding Faithful Citizenship
- Promoting / supporting Voter Registration initiatives