Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Table of Plenty: Volunteers are needed once a month to help prepare and serve the community meal at 2220 W. Market St. Shifts to work are available the Tuesday before and the last Wednesday of each month.
- Culinary Kitchen: Volunteers are needed to prepare food for catering events and lunch service Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Community Garden Partner: Community Garden Partners will assist refugee, immigrant and low-income gardeners at their plots by being at regularly scheduled workdays during the season. Commitment can range from once a week to once a month during part or all of the growing season (March-November).
- Garden Construction Volunteer: Volunteers are needed to help build garden signs, message boards, compost bins, water catchment systems, tool sheds and more. If you would like to share your construction skills, we would love to work with you to complete these projects and make it easier for gardeners to grow food for their families and our community.
- Garden Volunteer Groups: Volunteer groups are needed to help with big workdays in the spring, summer and fall. Work may include weeding, mulching paths, turning compost, mowing, weed eating, planting, maintaining common areas, picking up trash, and assisting with community events (signing people in, serving food, taking pictures). Workdays last from two to four hours.
For more information on how to get started, visit Catholic Charities’ volunteer page, where you can register for a volunteer orientation and fill out a volunteer application. If you have additional questions, contact our volunteer coordinator at 502-637-9786.
Most needed items:
- Garden and hardware store gift cards
- Garden tools: shovels, grub hoes, wheelbarrows
- Milk crates
- A pickup truck
Please contact Rachel Brunner at 502-873-2566 ext.154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
No donation is too small and will make a difference in the lives of our clients. Donate now!