The Sister Visitor Center is an emergency assistance program, located at 2235 W. Market, that provides assistance with the most basic of human needs: food, clothes, assistance with rent, utilities, medicines, furniture etc.
The heart of the Sister Visitor Center lies in the command of Christ to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless.
The Sister Visitor Center began in 1969 in an effort to help meet the needs of the poor living in the Portland, Shawnee and Russell Neighborhoods of West Louisville and continues to strive to do so today. Approximately 700 to 900 households are served every month.
- Provides emergency aid with rent, utility bills, prescriptions, medical supplies
- Visits sick, elderly, and handicapped persons, and families in need
- Distributes food, personal hygiene supplies, furniture and clothing to people in crisis situations
- Provides transportation to city and state agencies, medical appointments, and shopping
- Assists people in obtaining help from public agencies
- Participates and collaborates with other agencies, i.e. distributing Winterhelp and FEMA funds
Open to Clients:
Monday: 10:30 AM -4:00 PM
Tuesday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
(Closed for lunch 12 PM- 1 PM)
Donations and Volunteers are always welcomed!
Click here to see current volunteer opportunities.
For more information, contact Sister Michele Intravia at (502) 776-4930.