The Sister Visitor Center is an emergency assistance program, located at 2235 W. Market, that provides assistance with the most basic of human needs: food, clothes, assistance with rent, utilities, medicines, etc.
The heart of the Sister Visitor Center lies in the command of Christ to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless.
The Sister Visitor Center (SVC) began in 1969 in an effort to help meet the needs of the poor living in the Portland, Shawnee and Russell Neighborhoods of West Louisville and continues to strive to do so today. As an associate member of the Area Community Ministries (ACM), SVC serves approximately 300 households every month.
- Provides emergency aid with rent, utility bills, prescriptions, medical supplies
- Visits sick, elderly, and handicapped persons, and families in need
- Distributes food, as a Dare to Care food provider, personal hygiene supplies and clothing to people in crisis situations
- Assists people in obtaining help from public agencies
- Participates and collaborates with other agencies, i.e. distributing Metro Winterhelp funding.
Open to Clients:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:45 AM -4:00 PM
(Closed for lunch 12:00 PM- 1 PM)
Wednesday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
(Closed for lunch 12:00 PM – 1PM)
Donations and Volunteers are always welcomed!
Click here for a list of accepted donation items.
Click here to see current volunteer opportunities.
For more information, contact Sister Michele Intravia, OSU/MSJ at (502) 776-0155.